Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Jossay's Return: Part I

Often in my mind a nagging Thought creeps about. It settles in the folds of my brain and scratches with its claws until I can't ignore it any longer. "Who?" it asks, "Who, is your favorite person?"
By no means would I ever give any regard to this itchy little Thought. I know far too many glorious and wonderful humans to be so biased. However, if that Thought were to re-think itself, and instead ask, "What is your favorite person?" I could make a reply.

Perhaps in order for one to understand this, I must outline a story to further clarify the facts. Unfortunately this particular story will be very vague and will perhaps cloud up the situation even further. I don't find it unsettling however, and neither should you. There is, after all, only one who will truly know.

There is a body outlined in white. It's shaving cream-no- it's chalk. Either way, it looks dead.
We are so very clever. You may even say that we are stupid cool.
I owe you $1.60. We sit in the car and listen; we are completely quiet, still dressed in our concert black.
Somewhere from my left I hear sarcastic snorts. I turn my head. We make eye contact, grimace, and quickly turn away to hide our smiles. Mr. Thompson has something on his lip... or is that big gay Al's idea of a joke? Either way we laugh the same. It rises to its peak and then ebbs slowly away until it dies. By no means is it a graceful laugh, but it is nothing close to a man's.
No bake cookies are no good. They have turned into peanut-butter oatmeal mush. There are a couple mixed up cards, and some phone calls that have provoked anger; and lies that have ensured it.
A 1945 editon of Pride and Prejudice. A precious note scrawled across lined notebook paper.
Everything is set right with a perfectly organized glass cabinet at one o'clock in the morning.

Crepes make a delicious meal. Tea, anyone? Yes, we love old books.
Will you have seconds? Yes. Thirds? Yes. Fourth's? Ye- No!
Oh how we shall always regret...

Perhaps I should thank you.
To be joined at the hip -related by name and not by blood- is indeed an honor.
Pesky little Thought! If you were to ask the question again, I could indeed make a reply.
And it would go something like this:
Jossay forever!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok sooo... that's obviously not me... sniff sniff

Joslynn said...

I must add... sisters obviously are too cool for this whole thing anyway. You are above and beyond. Really.
Remember, the question was what is my favorite person--that only leaves one option. 'tis a good option, nevertheless.
I will write a tribute to every person who is offended by this post, just to show I'm sincere.

Anonymous said...

I want a tribute...a pages long tribute!!! I cant sent backround info if you need. Ive written the beggining of an autobiography, which is mostly paraphrased from John Muirs journals with names changed to make th e stories mine. Im an adventurous chap, and I think I discovered the American West?
Keenan Hidalgo Principessa Cummings No.3

Brittany said...

I do believe I understood most of this post. Most...you'll have to explain a few vague points later.

Anonymous said...

Okay so you told me to leave a comment so here it goes. Some of those inside jokes were really confusing. Some of them I witnessed. I must say it was a very unique way of describing you and Lindsay. I'll have to agree with you there is not a better way than to say Jossay Forever. But I must say there are more stories to tell. Muaaaaaaaaaah!

Unknown said...

oh man. that was hilarious. stupid cool. mos def. buhaha

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who's confused here ? Sigh. I feel lost.

Anonymous said...

Joslynn, I too stand bravely besides you as a helpless, not hopeless Romantic. Can I deny my puffy red-haired Anne with an E , next to Gil's deathbed ? NO !! Can I look away from the tattered pages of cruel Heathcliffe ? Do I tremble with love for the( the ending ) of Jane Eyre ? yes ! Do I anticipate the boat scene in What A Girl Wants ? YES ! Give me cheesy, yet undeniably touching love scenes or give me DEATH.

Never deny Romantica. Embrace it !
with fierce passion and greasy curls ( yes platinum )
KOSI BEAR

Brittany said...

You titled this post "Jossay's Return: Part I." Does this mean there will be a Part II?