Friday, May 27, 2011

Apartment update

A week ago I went on a painting rampage. As usual, the paint was white. I don't know why, but I just love white, and nothing else seems to make me happy.
For instance, this white slipcover. Considering that it's supposed to protect the couch, it probably doesn't stand much of a chance. One week into its job and it already has chocolate and hair all over it. Oh well.


All whiteness in the living room is countered by the extremely colorful kitchen. Note the peacock picture: I am obsessed. We saw some male peacocks at the Willow Park Zoo and I was completely mesmerized. I've seen them before but I find it spectacular that nature created something with such magnificent color. I was drinking them in and trying to figure out how I could replicate Peacock blue and emerald green in my home, but unfortunately I have not yet found a way.
Everything is still white.
Someday.

3 comments:

Blythe said...

Your apartment deserves to be in a style magazine. It is so so classy. I want to emulate it. I also am going to try and make those cake platters this summer. Wish me luck.

Original Kos said...

I love it. I think I might smother myself in ruffles and country chic, but it fits you so well. I'd love to see you incorporate some surprising colors into your living room, kitchen, and bedroom. They would have to be the perfect shades but I think it could be done. If anyone could do it, you can.

Brooke said...

very pretty!