Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Best Nest

After weeks and weeks we are finally starting to get settled into our home.
When my parents came to visit, my mother described the place as a "dollhouse." With all its nooks, crannies and eccentricities, I think she summed it up just right. Everything in the house is small-- the doorways, the hall, the closets, the cupboards. Jason and I spent a good 30 minutes cramming our sofa into this miniature reading nook.


To this day I'm not exactly sure how we managed it. Needless to say, I won't be moving it again any time soon.

To accompany my dollhouse, I acquired some doll furniture. We bought this desk from D.I. for $25. I painted it mint green and attached a truly spectacular drawer pull to it and this was the result:




I also borrowed a leaf out of my sister's, Sasha;s, book and made a flower wreath for our dining nook.


And then of course there are the various tiny china cabinets throughout the house which I quickly filled with all my treasures...


The bedroom is by far the largest room in the house, and the one in which Winston likes best to respose.


Welcome to the dollhouse.
Better pictures to come soon.

2 comments:

Keenan said...

The dollhouse looks absolutely amazing. You've done an incredible job, once again. I really think you should submit these to DesignSponge with a before and after series of shots. You'd totally get featured.

You are so talented! I wish I could see it in person.

Lisa said...

The house looks great! Can't wait to see it in person. Looking forward to girls week-end.