Monday, October 17, 2011

At last.

Finally! The moment you've been waiting for (Koseli)... or I have, at least.
A tour of my house.
So fabulous.
I apologize in advance for the poor lighting. These pictures were taken with my phone, so they're not the best.

The Living Room
The red (polygamist??) door.

I wanted to capture the (swinging!) door into the kitchen, but the wood is so dark it is basically nonexistent in these pictures.

Winston knows how to use it. When we try to lock him out of the rest of the house, he always manages to escape through this door.


This mirror would not fit in our car when we drove it home, so I had to sit underneath it and steady the open door with my hands as we drove. It was worth it, I think. Only $40!

Currently our home is a nesting place for fake birds. I'm trying to curb and tame my obsession but I don't know if it's working.

Birds are here, here, here, here and here.



These little pottery barn jars retail at $40 each, and I got them for $10. 


The Kitchen

Jason loves Williams and Sonoma's Cooking at Home. He's actually quite a good cook.

Winston loves sitting on the floor and looking melancholy.


My Parisian dessert plates.

We got our champagne glasses from DI (we have yet to use them) and my new favorite? Stemless goblets.


Bedroom #1

My assortment of children's classic literature that is much too dark to see.

My assortment of books facing the wrong way. Jason hates this. I love it.

Our very fluffy bed.

Another exciting DI find! The blue vase. $1.

My fighting bunnies.


We bought this little trunk from the DI for $25 and painted it. 

 I don't know what will go in here yet, but doubtless it will be something fabulous.

There are french doors going into our bedroom.


Trust me, this picture is prettier in real life. 

Bedroom #2
The TV room.

This was supposed to be a "man cave."

It is not even close to being a man cave. See the colors? Sorry Jase.

There are many domed doorways throughout the apartment.

We got this couch from our neighbors. Stole it, in the middle of the night with a dolly.

My little sewing corner.



And all you need to know about the bathroom is this:

The floor! The glorious floor.

And maybe the towels.



3 comments:

Lady L. (Lady Like) said...

Look at all the lovely pictures! :) You have such a fantastic natural talent for making things look pretty. :)

Blythe said...

Please decorate my future house! Your taste is flawless and classic. I love, love, love, it.

Pepper said...

cute as always Joslynn!