Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday Winston: Sleepy days.

Today is a rainy day. All I want to do on rainy days is nap, read, and drink gallons of hot chocolate.
Speaking of reading, I've been perusing some interesting books. I'm at the tail end of In Cold Blood by Truman Capote, and haven't been able to rest easy since I started it. Winston meowed at the front door last night when I was home alone (reading) and I nearly had a heart attack. I'm serious. Also on the list of books recently read? The Bell Jar, Girl, Interrupted, Catch-22, The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet, and Middlesex.
Those are some good books. Next on the list?
Cider House Rules.
Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Original Kos said...

Rainy day here, too. I love it. I just finished my book today—My Name is Mary Sutter. I liked it a lot. I haven't read Middlesex but a good friend recommended it yesterday and with your recommendation today, I think I might have to go the library and check it out. Hot chocolate, a good book, and rain is so perfect. I wish we could do that together! :(

Lady L. (Lady Like) said...

I read the Bell Jar and loved it. :)

Pepper said...

I just finished the Bell Jar too-thought it was quite interesting!!!

lindsay said...

I listened to "In Cold Blood" in the car on a trip to Montana. It was so eerie to hear that story while driving on lonesome, desert-y, highways.

I'm finally getting around to Frankenstein. So far, I love it. I've really been into book from that era, especially sciency ones. I feel like those ideas really connect me to the past.