Friday, August 31, 2012

What I've been making-- part three and quite possibly four or five.

Assembly of a nursery is no small thing if you are most women-- especially so if you are me.
We have virtually no money at all so I have had to be careful about what I buy. Almost everything in our house has been bought secondhand or donated by loving family members. There are many things that I wish I could buy, but even so I find myself completely content with what we have. Our little boy will be happy and comfortable and I'm proud of the way things have turned out.

First, the cloud mobile.
I bought some felt from Hobby Lobby and some stuffing and went to work. I hand-sewed everything because at the time I did not have a machine on hand.



Next I made some blankets. I found some really amazing organic cotton prints from Jay-Cyn Design. I messed up the first one and so I turned it into a baby duvet, reverse side is ivy-minky.

I had to hand sew the buttons and buttonholes too because I did not know how to do it on my machine... once again, a huge pain, but cute!

This blanket was much easier.


And here is a partial view of the nursery! It's difficult to get the whole room with just my phone.



We are getting closer and closer to the big day-- hard to believe. I'm not done with everything that I want to do (bunting, perhaps?) but I feel like if my baby comes, we at least have the essentials for him.

It's a good feeling.

1 comment:

Pepper said...

ahhhhhh!!! how stinkin cute!!