Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da, Life goes on...


Can it be? Summer is upon us!
The realization hit me full on today like a heat wave... for three fabulous months I am liberated from the shackles of school. For this brief interval, I can enjoy the suffocating heat that creates shimmering mirages, sizzling sidewalks, and the putrid odor of baking asphalt. I am sure that the next time you see me I will be sporting a magnificent tan-- or at least a fashionable sunburn. If I am lucky my skin will peel off onto my brother's pillow like it did last summer. What better way to get him back for sticking his finger in my toast?
Because I am basically unemployable, I will enjoy a very lax and lazy atmosphere in my home. I plan on spending many hours eating bon-bons and watching Days of our Lives. If the soap operas aren't dramatic or cheesy enough for me, all I have to do is discuss my sister's relationship with her boyfriend. With my newly acquired free time, my mother has already found several exhilarating tasks for me to do, stressing her desire to teach me ethical lessons in hard work and sacrifice. Example? This morning I was assigned the duty of moving enormous flower pots from the backyard to the front. This of course was no menial task, and the situation was much improved by the fact that I moved the wrong pot. Fifty pounds of dirt, not to mention the bricks at the bottom, were replaced and I started my job afresh- this time the right way-renewing my love of accidental run-ins with centipedes and worms. I enjoy looking at their slimy, googly eyes and many legs. After all, I have been told that we bear a definite physical resemblance.
In the next three months I am sure I will attend many fabulous parties. I will stay in contact with every person who signed my yearbook, and I will have a date every Saturday night. Guaranteed.
Yes indeed, Summer is here friends... With it comes broken hearts, skin cancer, and cataracts. Enjoy!

18 comments:

Brittany said...

Why do I have the feeling that I was the fool who said you looked like a centipede? Tell me it isn't so!

I think that you should have a date with Cameron every Saturday night.

Love the blog. Glad to see you bloggin. Keep it up.

Joslynn said...

You were the one who gave me that fabulous compliment... brittanica!
And you are a fool if you think I will ever go on a date with Cameron Turnbow.

Brittany said...

Ouch, that's kind of harsh. I hope he never reads this blog.

Joslynn said...

do do do ha ha ha ha ha no..ok..dear brittanica...I believe, well, that the reason you took offense over the cameron issue is that you yourself harbor a secret devotion to that yes..I don't know...ha ha ha...*breathe in# chives in the night??WHAT!?!?!wait...what?ha ha ha...I said "Try to deny it!" good thing we're the only ones that look at this blog

Brittany said...

That is quite possibly the coolest comment I've ever seen! I just typed whatever came out of your mouth. Way to go! Keep it up, you and your chives in the night...heh.

Joslynn said...

In my other comment (the one that you actually typed) it looks as though I am having trouble breathing, speaking, and typing all at the same time.
Thanks for the excellent ab workout my friend. I haven't laughed that hard for a long time.

Brittany said...

Hey, anytime. That's why I'm here. At least one of us got a work out after our 8 minute jog...sigh...

Joslynn said...

What!? Is this girl trying to tell me that I did not run her hard enough? Well then! We'll just have to work harder next time, won't we!

Brittany said...

Hey, I was worked hard enough. I'm sure that you could have kept that pace for miles. I think I'm done trying to run with you guys for awhile. At least, till I can get some endurance up...sheesh.

Brittany said...

Get some endurance up? What was I thinking? I believe that I meant *build some endurance.

Joslynn said...

You aren't done. That's not a threat. I am just glad that you went with us. Having other people with me encourages me to continue onward. And no, you were the one who wanted to continue to run. I was ready to quit as soon as we left my driveway. And I'm not kidding.

Anonymous said...

Well my dear brittanica the only way to build endurance is to keep running. You can't get out of it that easy. Nice try.

Joslynn said...

We shall drag you with us, kicking and screaming if needs be, because we enjoy your company so much.

Brittany said...

Sorry guys. I'm going to have to say no this time. Maybe I'll fly solo for awhile, or find someone slower and...never mind. It was fun.

Joslynn said...

We'll walk.
I like walking better anyway.

Anonymous said...

That "sister" and her boyfriend better not have been me...or else!

Excellent relay. Summers are...mostly and surprisngly depressing. Bon Voyage! Skul!

Joslynn said...

I was referring to Shirsti and Brett. And if she reads this blog, then it was certainly somebody else.

Anonymous said...

winkle? winkle? where are you, i'm lost winkle! lost in cyberspace!