Saturday, September 30, 2006

Haves and Have Nots


Today I did plenty of nothing; or, if we're being optimistic, plenty of things that weren't worth my time. And although I can't pretend to enjoy days like these, I did discover some mildly entertaining things.

5. Desire: This is a TV series that I just happened upon. Possibly the worst I've seen. Ever. The plot consists of two beau monde and macho jocks who are in love with the same slutty woman. Oh, and the Mafia is after them. It seems as if the directors tried to spin this novela off of Desperate Housewives or something. And where that show can actually be funny while it is crude, this one is just stupid. The episode I saw had detestable acting, especially in the oddly soap opera-ish moments when a grisly old man tortured one of the surfer dudes because he wouldn't marry his daughter. Needless to say, I found it funny.

4. Pudding: Today was my first attempt at making pudding from scratch. Surprisingly, it worked. However, my chocolate concoction slipped out of its bowl in such a smooth, polished, even mound that I could not resist making a face out of it. I used whipped cream for the eyes, chocolate pupils and nostrils and little white cream fangs and lots of hair. "Here you go convalescent friend who is too ill to leave the couch. Hope this doesn't scare you too much..."

3. While outlining the chapter for history, I have discovered that I hate the French. If it wasn't for Henry III and the Huguenots I would not have been trapped in front of the computer screen all day. And then again, if it hadn't been for Europe at all I would not be taking this class in the first place.
Blast!

2. General Conference: Okay. While this wasn't exactly entertaining, it was enlightening. And that totally counts. Too bad I slept through most or all of the second session.

1. My dreams: While I was sleeping through the aforesaid portion of conference, I had a dream I was riding the ferris wheel at Lagoon with a tank full of Piranhas on my head. On the downward trip they spilled all over me and aggressively seized my flesh and commenced to eat me alive. Natalie and Brittany then started to yell, "Nice job Joslynn! Now we have to go buy more!"

Days like these... you've got to love 'em.

22 comments:

Nedge said...

May I inquire why Brittany and I bought the pirana in the first place in your dream? Or was that a detail that never came up? Your day sounded much better than mine...which was kind of sad because I went to the U game (darn recruiting!) and well, I expected the game to be somewhat closer than that...not 3-36. We got killed. I'm glad you discovered many things as I was bored. Good job! Didya work on Napoleon?

Nedge said...

I can't spell. piranha!

Nedge said...

I wonder why it's spelled that way? It sounds like some kind of chant if you say it how it reads: Pir-an-HA! Pir-an-HA! Pir-an-HA! ...Maybe I should make a children's book on how the piranha got its name. Ever read those?

Nedge said...

Ooh! Ooh! I gotta good title! "Piranha Pirates"

Nedge said...

You gotta love alliteration. I wrote a whole poem about alliteration...but I lost it. I wrote it for the famed Mrs. Yates. It had to be similar beat to the "November" poem. (The november poem was like, no____,no ____, no______, etc., so mine was like, all_____, all______, all_____)

Nedge said...

I should stop commenting because you'll look, and see that you now have six comments as of this comments, and think that they're from different people, but, alas! They're all just from Nedge!

Joslynn said...

I love getting comments from you Ducky! You are one of two people who read my blog, so comment all you like!
I think at this point I can't remember why we had the Pir-an-HA.
Dude... I'm so sorry! I wish you could've at least gone to a winning game.
You should write a children's book. You should write one hundred children's books.

Nedge said...

Excuse me, but I ain't "Ducky". That's Brittany, because she haites being called that. I'm "Loony" or "Goony"...I forget which.

Nedge said...

why, oh, why can't I spell to-day? HATES not Haites...what's that?

Joslynn said...

Um... Natalie, you are totally Ducky! Brittany is Goosy, and I'm Loony. Remember? REMEMBER? So she hates it... Hmmm... does she like Beaver better?

Nedge said...

NO! BRITTANY WAS DUCKY!!!! I WAS LOONY, AND YOU WERE GOOSY!

Nedge said...

Wow! I believe we're having our first argument!

Brittany said...

I'll settle this arguement. I am Goosy. I was never Ducky. Ever. Goosy just fits better, if you know what I mean. And I do like Demon Beaver better then any of the others.

Joslynn said...

I'm so glad we can all focus on my post.

Nedge said...

Jos-I apologize for going away from the topic of your awesome post. However, I have something to say about #3. If it weren't for the French, or Europe...there would have been no Victor Hugo! I do have to admit that I love the French Revolution, as many great works of literature are based on that event. Yes, history can be boring and seemingly pointless...but...most of us caucasians are from Europe (not US, but our ancestors...you know what I mean) so, in a way, you are doing some of your family history! :)

Nedge said...

And if your family ain't from Europe, well, just enjoy learning history about things you don't care about and bla blah bl blah.

Nedge said...

My picture-icon-thingy is actually quite scary...maybe I'll change it back to animal. Do you even know what it is?

Nedge said...

Your time zone isn't correct. It's really about 6:50 AM.

Nedge said...

Did I just say...6:50 AM??!?! Well...I'm off! Gotta go to school!
Have a great day!

Joslynn said...

I actually do enjoy history, Natalie, and I find the French revolution fascinating. However, we aren't to that point yet, and right now we're focusing on the period after the Protestant and Catholic Reformations that consists of a great deal of confusion and a series of religious wars (the bloodiest in Europe's history, including the Crusades.)
Isn't it ironic that 1/3 of 16th century Germany and members of the Calvinist, Lutheran, and Catholic Chruch died and killed in the name of religion when their doctrine focuses on peace, Christ, and the salvation of all?

Joslynn said...

My time is off.
It's actually 5:16 PM.

Joslynn said...

Why, it's Gollum!
Or Smeagol. Whichever you prefer.