Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Naughty, naughty.

We have cat problems. Major cat problems.

He bites.

He scratches.

He zooms out of closets and corners, wild and ready to attack anything that moves.

And yet, I am completely in love with him.

Introducing the newest member of the Cute and Fluffy club: Winston Wilkins Pickwick the First. With a little research we have discovered that he is a Norwegian Forest cat, that is, his genetics have faint memories of prowling through frozen woods, which probably explains his need to bite anything that moves and his undying love for Jason, who is constantly radiating body heat. His favorite pastimes include (in this order): biting (hair, fingers, toes, ankles, arms), dragging around his woolly mouse, searching for the squirmel we no longer allow him to play with because it makes him too crazy, watching Jason shake the food in his bowl before he eats it, attempting to climb into the refrigerator, and surprise sneak attacks. Completely uncharacteristic of his species and unfortunately for us, sleep comes last in this list.

Don't get me wrong-- he has his good moments too. He'll nap on my stomach while I read. He purrs. He sits on our laps while Jason and I watch a movie. I say "laps" because he has the uncanny ability to possess both our laps at the same time. He stretches his small body into what looks like an extremely uncomfortable position: belly-up in complete surrender, his tiny fangs poking out of his mouth and the hot pink of his lips showing in a stupid grin. I like to think that he cuddles between us because he adores us both equally, but the truth probably is that he wants to soak up the maximum amount of heat. His bottom is generally turned in my direction as he appears to enjoy staring dreamily at Jason with love and adoration.

This is just as well for me. His back end is not the biting end!










1 comment:

Original Kos said...

I love Winston! He's #1 cat in my cat book.

I'm sorry to hear that he hasn't grown out of scratching, biting, and biting. Hopefully he'll learn soon! I didn't know he had a bit of a pedigree. Good for you guys. You're well on your way to becoming full-time cat breeders.