Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Heart Day

In honor of this day, I would like to introduce my new favorite thing: the paradigm revel. I can't say I love having diabetes, but I do love my pump. It primes my cannula, tells me how much active insulin is inside of me, and formulates amazing graphs. Oh, and did I mention? It's PINK.

And.... as it is Valentine's Day... I should also mention the other things I love that are related to this wonderful holiday.

For warmth, I love this bow-tie bedding from Anthropologie.  


From cold February I love Cambria's snownimal.



For a Valentine's Day treat I love these pretty ice cream bon bons.
Ice Cream Bonbons

Makes 25
1 pint ice cream, any flavor
25 plain vanilla cookies, such as Nilla Wafers
1 pound chocolate, chopped
½ cup chopped nuts
Place the cookies flat side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Top each cookie with one small scoop of ice cream. Freeze until hardened, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a double boiler, heat the chocolate. Once melted, dunk each of the bonbons into the chocolate to coat and return to the baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle nuts on top. Freeze until firm. Keep stored in the freezer.

And for love and love itself, I love Jason.
 And Winston too.

1 comment:

Blythe said...

That bed is amazing...and I want it. I'm loving the new look as well...and finally, look at you making/baking these days! I must try that recipe.