Thursday, April 07, 2011

Let there be light...

...In the form of this fabulous $25 chandelier I bought at the local Hobby Lobby.

I have always loved--adored--chandeliers, and so I was delighted to find one so enchantingly cheap. The ceiling in our living room is a little too high in proportion to this little light, so I decided to hang it in what can easily be seen as the least glamorous room in the house-- the kitchen.
At the same time as this, I was getting a little tired of my yellow slipcover, so I fashioned this one out of curtains.
I mean, you can probably tell it's a curtain. But the pattern is cute.
And so, here is to illumination, creativity, and conference weekend!

3 comments:

Original Kos said...

Your kitchen is gorgeous, dolli! That light looks elegant and worth much more than $20. What a steal! I love something new like this. Really freshens the place up.

Pepper said...

oh this is cute i like it!!! i'm excited to see your place when we come up!

Carol Mom said...

let there b lite wow