Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Petticoats for Chairs

Recently I've been looking for slipcovers. I hadn't found anything that was substantial for my distinctly girly taste until I stumbled across this Texas interior designer's home.

All I can say is this: I wish I could sew. Really sew. It's probably a good thing I can't-- I would put ruffles on EVERYTHING.
Sorry, Jason.





I've always loved slipcovers, but these pictures have opened up a whole new world in my heart and mind. Why should furniture not have the right to be dressed up? Why can't the bed, the chairs and the sofa sport tufted flounces and layers of petticoat?
Furniture need not be naked anymore! Don't get me wrong-- I like clean lines. But there's nothing that tugs at my heart strings like a well-crafted ruffle.
Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want all these things! Especially the dress form. It's my dream to own one of those!

Original Kos said...

Ah, this really is your dream home. It's so so girly and fluffy. So pretty!