Friday, October 26, 2012

Bunting and blankets.

These were seriously such a pain to make.

I get impatient, especially with scissors, so my triangles on the bunting and squares on the quilt were not exactly even. This caused problems for me later. I had all kinds of mishaps with my machine because I am really just re-learning how to use it. I had to thread that bobbin so many times I could do it in my sleep now. What a tangled, awful mess!

I am ashamed to say I was ornery and cussed more than I should during this time. And over such small things... The needle becoming unthreaded, my stitches swaying from one side to the next... I am no perfectionist but the number of misfortunes for this project made began to turn me batty.

The crowning frustration came when I accidentally sewed the quilt inside out. After crying about it for a couple days, I unpicked the stitches and re-did everything. I kind of hate this blanket now. Too bad. The Woodland Storyboek fabric is even more adorable in person than I imagined.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

No comments: